Friday, July 31, 2009

DIY Art at Moomah

I took my two older girls (5 and 6) to Moomah in NYC today. It is this incredible place that is a cafe, a store and a creative playscape all in one. I was in creative overdrive at every turn!

We had lunch first, and the girls rated the "grilled cheeses the best [they] have ever had" (my wrap was delicious too). As we ate, we played find-it games with the artwork on display, which are so incredible and so unique. They are all for sale and not inexpensive but beyond perfect for a child's room.

We then picked out our DIY art project. I say "we" because the girls opted for these diaramas and out of the hair-band project, which I just had to do myself! The projects were age appropriate and the staff were so hands-on including a visit from Supertryker. In the back room with a huge chalkboard, there was an Art & Nature class was going on. Take note, they are adding more classes this fall for both children and adults. I have never seen a place where every detail is perfectly done. The bathrooms alone honestly deserve a post unto themselves! If you are New York anytime soon, it is a really special outing for both children and adults.

The interior.

My 5-year-old's DIY diarama, $22.

My DIY headband for my daughter, $12.

No comments:

Post a Comment