Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vintage Inspired Girls Dresses and More

I may be a mother of all boys, but I still enjoy shopping for girls. True, I do a lot more looking than buying. I have had my little eye on the vintage inspired girls clothing out now, more specifically the Baby Bean Vintage Daywear and Right Bank Babies lines. So much so that Hadley gave me the green light to post on girls! I saw both brands in stores this week, and they are even more impressive in person than online. At Moomah, there was a row of Baby Bean bloomers, in a variety of vintage fabrics, that came short of taking my breath away. I love that each piece is handmade locally in Dallas by the owner and "a few stay at home moms." The new Right Bank Babies holiday dresses were prominently displayed in Takashimaya's children's floor and were so striking that I just stopped and studied. Her pieces are reversible (so wise) and are intended to "layer, mix and match" to the child's style. Right Bank Babies was in the 2009 Best of LA for its children's brand. Will I really never be dressing a girl of my own?

Baby Bean Bessie Daydress $68. They offer several dress styles and different fabrics to meet your taste, all adorable. Customers also have the opportunity to choose their own fabric for all the clothes, email info@babybeanwear.com.

Baby Bean Vintage Cotton Bloomer $28. I just love bloomers, but these are extra sweet.

Right Bank Babies Brocade dress $153. Love this dress, although these photos are not as good as in person. Remember, it is reversible. Believe you could dress this up or down, despite the shimmer. Note, the fabric is a little thicker.

Right Bank Babies Owl and Elephant Dress $49.50. Also, reversible. Saw it and liked it layered with a long sleeve tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment