Friday, May 1, 2009

Displaying Artwork

I have been trying to figure out a way to put the girls' artwork up on in their bedroom. I just can't tape it up, it is not in my nature. I got this idea from an article in the New York Times' Sunday Styles section a few months ago which was a project that was done in one of the public schools. They hung a letter of the alphabet and then around it artwork that represented that letter. I thought I could copy the idea but do it with the first letter of each of my girls' names and then surround each with the artwork they did that started with those letters. But then I saw this in the back of Teen Vogue (May 2009)---why make it so complicated, just hang any of their artwork with their letter. So I have on my list of to-dos to go to IKEA get some Ribba frames and fill them with theirs and my favorite work which we can then rotate in and out as they bring home things they like better. And in the meantime, I will be on the lookout for an "A" and a "C" to hang with them---let me know if you see any as I have no idea where to look.


 Image: From Teen Vogue May 2009 (Photograph by Tina Tyrell).



No comments:

Post a Comment