Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An Idea for Someone Else's Mother's Day


I love art. I love that my kids love art. I do anything I can to promote art in our house even if it means marker and paint remnants all over the kitchen table.  So for Mother's Day this year I  told my husband that I really wanted to go to The Affordable Art Fair in NYC. Last year I had gone by myself and had so much fun perusing all of the different booths and talking to the artists. I saw that this year on Sunday they are having a children's art studio from 12-4 p.m. offering Line and Shape Design inspired by Ellsworth Kelly, Patrick Heron and Mondrian, Vertical Art: Collaborative Group Murals, Famous Artist Coloring Station and a Jim Dine Hammering Station as well as special Mother's Day programs which include sculptural roses for Mom and Me and Myself and I Pop Art Prints where children create a homage to their mothers. 

Well, two soccer games at that exact time have changed the plan but if you are in or around NYC and looking for an art-inspired Mother's Day, you should check it out and let me know how it is! 

The Affordable Art Fair, 7 West 34th Street New York, NY 10001, http://www.aafnyc.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment